Read our current newsletter: December News!
- Things to Do On Wednesday Nights:
1) Serve in the First Nesters Ministry
2) Enjoy a great meal
3) AWANA Truth Seekers (age 3 – 5th grade)
4) LOFT (6th – 12 grade)
5) Attend a Bible Study on the book of Luke
- First Nesters Ministry needs you! If you like to or want to learn how to refurbish “stuff” to be used to give young adults in need their first homes, join us. Every Wednesday a team of people will meet from 4 – 5:30pm in the First Nesters Studio on the 2nd floor. Childcare is provided. Contact Donna Heider for info.
- Do you ever go to your mailbox only to be disappointed by what was in it? Bills, junk mail, and unwanted political propaganda make for a sad mailbox. The Barnabas Ministry is an opportunity to fill our college students’ mailboxes with notes of encouragement. Bayshore is looking for “Barnabases” to be paired with our college students. If you are interested in this ministry of encouragement, please contact Rachel Lee.
- Another opportunity to serve … A Hyde Park ALF Bible Study on Fridays at 11 AM. Rev Scarle is leading the study but would love to have others come alongside him and be an encouragement to our friends. No need to register. Simply show up with a Bible on Friday mornings ready to make a new friend or two.
- Do you think that half the fun of reading a book is discussing it with friends afterwards? Then the Bayshore Baptist Book Club is for you! We meet the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bayshore, in the front lobby by the elevators. For more information, join the Bayshore Baptist Book Club group on Facebook, or contact Lisa McCarter at 813-743-5113 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dig Deeper into the book of Ephesians with Dr. Van Holland from the comfort of your own home! Van will host a 30 minute walk through the Scriptures, verse by verse, every Thursday at 8:30pm via conference call.
¨ Call: 712.775.7031
¨ Meeting ID: 471-050-244#
¨ For questions, email email@example.com
- A Touch Of Grace is a salon serving both women and men at Hyde Park ALF which will be open the first & third Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM of each month. We are so excited to offer free salon services to our Hyde Park friends. Want to get involved? We need salon supplies, hosts, people to wash or cut hair and paint nails, and more… See Aurora Smith.
- You shop. Amazon gives. When you shop at http://smile.amazon.com/Amazon will donate to Bayshore! It really is that simple. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Bayshore every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Bayshore once you designate it as your favorite charitable organization.
- Tai Chi meets in the fellowship hall every Monday from 10am – 10:30am. Join us!
- Shore Kids! PreK-5th grade – At Shore Kids! fun and creative experiences are being planned for your children. They will learn God’s Word, precious Bible basics and about themselves as they explore fun activities, like arts and crafts and music AND make new friends. A few field trips are also being planned. Plan now to have your children involved every Sunday morning in Room #2346.
2 Timothy 2:15- Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
Bayshore’s Awana clubs teach the gospel of Christ to toddlers through 5th grade. Throughout the program, children are rewarded for memorizing Bible verses and completing character building activities. Younger children learn through games, crafts and puppets — wonderful learning tools for this age. As they grow, children are introduced to small group interaction, community outreach, apologetics and life application of the gospel. Our Awana clubs will meet 6:00-7:30 on Wednesday nights. Sessions are run by volunteers with a passion for sharing their faith with children. Awanas offers fun, friendship and serious Christian teaching that supports the teaching children are receiving at home and at church. Living their faith can be difficult for children, especially as they grow. Awanas provides a comfortable place to learn and grow along with peers who share their faith. Awanas also reaches out to unchurched children, providing them with an enjoyable and comfortable introduction to Jesus. Awanas is an excellent choice for parents who would like their children to learn Christian values while participating in a club. Our Awana Clubs- PUGGLES- 2-3 year olds, SPARKS- PreK 4-1st grade, TRUTH & TRAINING (T & T)- 2nd– 5th grade
- The LOFT is a gathering place for our youth (middle school and high school), but far more than just a room, the LOFT is a group of teens and preteens seeking to lead lives worthy of Christ’s call. LOFT stands for Living Our Faith Together.
Sunday Night LOFT
6:30 – 6:50: $1 pizza slices, hang out
6:50: Praise and Worship
7:00: Bible Teaching
7:15: Small Groups
Wednesdays at Bayshore!
5:30 – 6:30pm: Grab a catered dinner in the fellowship hall, $5
6:30 – 7:30pm: LOFT Off!
Games, small groups, and so much more! Unwind mid-week in The LOFT!
- First Nesters is a ministry that creates homes for young adults in need. We provide essential furnishings along with personal touches for young people as they move into their first apartment. For more information, visit www.firstnesters.org
On Wednesday nights, we have a neat opportunity to invest in this wonderful ministry.
Auxiliary Studio- Here’s an opportunity to participate in First Nesters in the Studio. Each Wednesday, people gather in the Studio around 6:30 and pick a project to start, continue or complete. No experience necessary; simply join in for some creativity and camaraderie. We provide all required supplies so you can have a fun and creative evening. For more details, stop by the Studio to see what it’s all about.
On the first Wednesday of every , the First Nesters Ministry is hosting work sessions. The morning session is from 10 – 12 and an evening session is 6 – 8. No need to sign up. Simply show up in your work clothes prepared to organize, rearrange, clean and have fun!